thinking of doing a invert only tank

  • Thread starter Thread starter riche
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

riche

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 7, 2014
Messages
1,246
Reaction score
438
Location
Metro Detroit
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I just love snails, crabs and shrimp.

Im thinking of setting up a 29 gallon tank and only stocking snails crabs and shrimp.


I would plan using a fair amount of rock, to give them place to climb and such.

What would be a good list of inverts that I can house together.

I would lobe to have a blood red shrimp as they are so colorful.

Please give me some ideas so i can start planning, and if there are any small fish that would work that is a bonus

It will be a 29 gallon tank (not a bio cube) with skimmer powerhead led lighting sump


I want to build it to be a conversation piece as it will be sitting in my kitchen.

I also have a few bubble tips I can add to the tank.

Thanks
 
If I was to do an invert nem tank I would incorporate specialty macro into it in that size tank. The habitants would keep it sum what clean with the macro finishing the job. Plus if you want inverts they seem to love the macro. Would be a cool tank....like a tide pool.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new