Thinking of getting back in

sharkbait1122*

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 21, 2021
Messages
117
Reaction score
22
Location
America
What state or country do you live in
Alabama
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have been out of the saltwater hobby for about 2 years. Work and family changes necessitated I take a step back. I have however kept a 20g freshwater low tech planter tank during that time. Lately however I've wanted to get back I. To salt a little. I'm looking to maybe set up a 10g innovative marine aio tank with 2 fish and mostly soft coral.

My questions are: what light would you go with and what 2 fish would you go for in a 10g IM tank.
 
I have seen others use the Maxspect 30W light.
Lighting depends a lot on what your budget is.
I have only used AI lights so from my experience I'd say a Prime or a Kessil A80, if your not on a budget.

As far as fish go you can never go wrong with a clownfish pair. With all of the designer options you can get some really unique looking ones also.
 
I have seen others use the Maxspect 30W light.
Lighting depends a lot on what your budget is.
I have only used AI lights so from my experience I'd say a Prime or a Kessil A80, if your not on a budget.

As far as fish go you can never go wrong with a clownfish pair. With all of the designer options you can get some really unique looking ones also.
That's a valid point! With an a80 being similar to a prime, for a small softie/Zoa tank any recommendations on intensity of the light? If not no worries and I thank you for your input
 
That's a valid point! With an a80 being similar to a prime, for a small softie/Zoa tank any recommendations on intensity of the light? If not no worries and I thank you for your input
As far as intensity goes anything around 100 par will be PLENTY for them. You could use the AB+ spectrum and just turn it down a little.
I went to the Aqua Illumination Signature Series page to get some inspiration and currently run a slightly modified version of Dmitry's spectrum.
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 16 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 15 46.9%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 25.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%

New Posts

Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new