This a good scape?

Fishology

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpg
Just finished setting up a 5g, how’s my aqua scape should I add rock ,change something? Or it’s it just right?

Redfoxtang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
My rock scape changed like 3 times before I was actually happen. Just sit back and stare and it and it will come to you. Gonna have different opinions on whether it’s good or not. What matters is if it’s good enough for you and the livestock you will keep inside!

AKL1950

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a small point, but it looks like it might be hard to clean that right side. My brain pictures that top rock flipped over to make an arch in the middle of the tank.

HBtank

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would attempt to not have anything contacting the sides in a small tank like that. You can epoxy them outside the tank as needed to form structures that don't need the support of the walls.

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For me, rocks are up against the glass in all my tanks, I don't mind it.

But to me it looks like about 4 rocks on top of each other, and they seem to be on an angle. If you will get some kind of sand sifting creatures, your sand will eventually move and rocks will shift. It could be just the angle of the pic, but be careful of a potential avalanche.

HBtank

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For me, rocks are up against the glass in all my tanks, I don't mind it.

But to me it looks like about 4 rocks on top of each other, and they seem to be on an angle. If you will get some kind of sand sifting creatures, your sand will eventually move and rocks will shift. It could be just the angle of the pic, but be careful of a potential avalanche.
I think the back of the tank is fine in most tanks, other than planning for stability issues with sand like you covered.

Sides are different IMO

Waters

"...in perfect isolation, here behind my wall."
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would try and break up a couple of the bigger rocks. Large rocks in a smaller tank throws off the perspective and makes the tank look smaller than it really is. It will also allow you to use the center of the tank more (staying away from the glass....which isn't always bad, but I like to be able to clean all 4 sides of the tank) and give you more negative space (which gives you more swimming room, coral growth room, etc).

Seymo44

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love that tank my wife and I both have one on our desks. Scaping such a tall/narrow tank is a challenge. Yours looks good, but I’m not crazy about the rocks contacting the glass.

I attached of mine. The gracilaria is my primary filtration. My nitrates stay undetectable, phosphates hover around .05 or less.
Livestock:
Zoas
Palys
Shrooms
Peppermint shrimp
Sexy shrimp
Serpent star
Astrea snails
Yellow clown goby named Toby

Attachments

• 753EF835-56B1-474B-8EF0-2D7FC5E5FCD7.jpeg
    753EF835-56B1-474B-8EF0-2D7FC5E5FCD7.jpeg
    247.1 KB · Views: 28
OP
OP
Fishology

Fishology

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the rocks are big, I am worried that with the flow or fish fights or even with the maintenance they will fall and break the glass.
Nope it hasn’t fallen I have moved it several time on my desk and the rocks never fell as for the glass is super thick and I don’t think it will break

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 8.6%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 40 17.2%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 156 67.0%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.6%
Back