adding a reef scape to aquarium that already has sand

SALTWATER FISH HIPPIE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what is the best way to add a new scape to an aquarium that already has sand in it? when my new aquarium was delivered and set up they went ahead and brought us water and filled the tank. i got ahead of myself and added the sand not thinking ahead about my scape.. i knew better got impatient and used poor judgement. now i am working on the scape but really do not want to remove the sand. Does anyone have any thoughts or processes they have successfully used? ty

twentyleagues

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what is the best way to add a new scape to an aquarium that already has sand in it? when my new aquarium was delivered and set up they went ahead and brought us water and filled the tank. i got ahead of myself and added the sand not thinking ahead about my scape.. i knew better got impatient and used poor judgement. now i am working on the scape but really do not want to remove the sand. Does anyone have any thoughts or processes they have successfully used? ty
How long has the tank been set up and or running? Anything in the tank yet? If there is nothing in the tank then its no issue to just move the sand in the tank from where you want the rock and push the sand back around the rock. Or you can just push the rock down into the sand kind of pushing the sand out of the way as you do it.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 31 16.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 13.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 112 58.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.3%
Back