This is weird...Helped my zoas

Dave12678

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was running out of room on my sand bed and built a magnetic frag rack to get some off the sand bed. I have about 4-5 frags on the rack and 1 frag of zoas had a lot of white spots on them and started to look bad. I noticed when I was moving these guy they had sand buried in the frag and I removed all the sand I could. Well after a few days of good flow and not being covered in sand I noticed less white spots and they are opening more. Did I just get lucky or has this happened to people before? I have not read up on zoa pox and am not claiming this healed them. I just think its weird how the spots are going away. I will try to get some pics later tonight.

reefboy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
no I dont think so most like high flow and ive actauly cured zoa pox and fungus by moving to high flow so i think most like or need high flow to do well.

twon8

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ive got some zoas in an extremely high flow area, too much flow for some sps, and they are some of the fastest growing zoas in my tank. i think we greatly underestimate the flow they can handle and indeed thrive under.

OP
OP
D

Dave12678

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am just shocked the white spots on my zoas are fading away. I don't know really if I have a lot of flow, my tank is a 54g corner. I have a Koralia 3 in the back corner, and a Koralia 1 on the front.

Hypertek99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had zoa pox on my tubs blue and i moved them to a higher flow and light and they are growing now. I thought the colony was a goner. They were dropping like flys in just a few days. I noticed zoo's like high flow and my palys like medium flow/high flow. Haven't experienced with my Grandis yet but it is now in medium flow.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 84 56.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.4%
Back