• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

This Weekend Special! On Tommy's Live Phyto get two 16 Oz packets for only $18 and free shipping!

VelocityTech

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you incluide heating packs in cold weather areas? ( pittsburgh, PA 15223) Interested in the 2 for 18

OP
OP
Thomas Danho

Thomas Danho

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   1   0
Do you incluide heating packs in cold weather areas? ( pittsburgh, PA 15223) Interested in the 2 for 18
Hi there!

Due to the salinity mixed with the outer box, These packets do not freeze. The cold weather works to our advantage, it slows the metabolism of the phyto allowing them to live longer. We also recommend refrigeration

unfortunately, our 2 for $18 sale did end on the weekend but you can find them for 2 for $20 with free shipping.

Thank you and happy reefing!@

LeftyReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bummer.

Looks like USPS dropped the ball on my phyto delivery. My package was supposed to be delivered yesterday, but never showed. I checked the tracking, which doesn't show any updates in several days... all it says is "arriving late". So not sure when my phyto will be delivered. Hopefully it survives the delayed shipping. ugh.

OP
OP
Thomas Danho

Thomas Danho

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   1   0
Bummer.

Looks like USPS dropped the ball on my phyto delivery. My package was supposed to be delivered yesterday, but never showed. I checked the tracking, which doesn't show any updates in several days... all it says is "arriving late". So not sure when my phyto will be delivered. Hopefully it survives the delayed shipping. ugh.
HI there! USPS has been having delays through their network due to the past week's weather.

THey phyto will survive the journey but incase there are any issues, I am always available to assist.

CrimsonTide

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bummer.

Mine says it will be here today but like usual USPS have not updated their tracking info in 3 days. So we shall see when it will arrive. I think the phyto should be good. But I am starting to really hate the USPS.

OP
OP
Thomas Danho

Thomas Danho

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   1   0
Mine says it will be here today but like usual USPS have not updated their tracking info in 3 days. So we shall see when it will arrive. I think the phyto should be good. But I am starting to really hate the USPS.
I am working with UPS to secure a commercial account. Soon all our shipments will go UPS.

CrimsonTide

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am working with UPS to secure a commercial account. Soon all our shipments will go UPS.
Thats cool. I dont have an issue. I just wish their tracking system would say "We have left your precious package in a mail bag for 3 days. Sorry it will be late." But instead they just don't update it so you don't know if it is still in California or actually in Alabama....

mav3rick478

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to all you guys who haven't gotten your package but mine arrived yesterday without any issue, of course I'm in northern California so that helps. I hope you all get your packages soon!

LeftyReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I know. I can deal with delays, but its when the tracking completely stops and doesn't update for days that it becomes frustrating....

The USPS tracking on my package hasn't been updated since 2/20 in CA. I'm in MI. Tracking results just say "arriving late".

edit: tracking was just updated. package has made it's way to the Detroit facility. Tracking now doesn't have an estimated delivery at all, but I'm hopeful it will show up tomorrow now.

OP
OP
Thomas Danho

Thomas Danho

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   1   0
I know. I can deal with delays, but its when the tracking completely stops and doesn't update for days that it becomes frustrating....

The USPS tracking on my package hasn't been updated since 2/20 in CA. I'm in MI. Tracking results just say "arriving late".

edit: tracking was just updated. package has made it's way to the Detroit facility. Tracking now doesn't have an estimated delivery at all, but I'm hopeful it will show up tomorrow now.
Just in case you have any issues, reach out to me and I will send a replacement. I always believe in customer service and I want you happy at the end of the day :)

Thank you for your support.

LeftyReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just in case you have any issues, reach out to me and I will send a replacement. I always believe in customer service and I want you happy at the end of the day :)

Thank you for your support.

Thanks. I'm still hopeful it will be fine but may come down to where it sat for those 4 or 5 days. Based on the scans, hard to say if it was sitting in CA for several days before being loaded on a plane, or did it sit in Detroit for several days before being scanned?!? or a little of both, haha.

Feb 25 11:16 am
Arrived at USPS Regional Destination Facility
DETROIT MI NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER

Feb 24
In Transit to Next Facility

Feb 20 5:19 pm
Arrived at USPS Regional Origin Facility
SAN BERNARDINO CA DISTRIBUTION CENTER

I'll let you know if there's an issue. Thanks!

DaneGer21

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Question. When opened, how long will/would this last WITHOUT being refrigerated?

As in, can I attach to my extra dosing pump for daily dosing? Or must it stay cold 24/7?

Hope that makes sense...

Thanks!

Mine was also delivered today, can’t wait to take a look when I get home!

OP
OP
Thomas Danho

Thomas Danho

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   1   0
Question. When opened, how long will/would this last WITHOUT being refrigerated?

As in, can I attach to my extra dosing pump for daily dosing? Or must it stay cold 24/7?

Hope that makes sense...

Thanks!

Mine was also delivered today, can’t wait to take a look when I get home!
Hi there, You get about 4 weeks without being refrigerated.
Here is what I do,

I have a container with a 2 week supply and then I top it off weekly with more phyto, it is connected to my doser.

Last edited:

Neil Cohen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just started with Tommy’s phyto and my corals are loving it. I was thinking of adding it to my ATO rather than buy a doser. Would that work? I have pretty steady consumption, so I can estimate daily dosing. Is that a feasible plan?

OP
OP
Thomas Danho

Thomas Danho

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   1   0
Just started with Tommy’s phyto and my corals are loving it. I was thinking of adding it to my ATO rather than buy a doser. Would that work? I have pretty steady consumption, so I can estimate daily dosing. Is that a feasible plan?
I think it is possible! And ATO can be some what controlled by a timer and for larger applications, a ATO pump would be awesome

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 57 39.6%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 33 22.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 34.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.5%
Back