EnemyAnenome

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_3909.jpg
IMG_3911.jpg

Hey all I'm just open to criticism, thoughts, and advice about my tank as I have been experiencing some failures with my corals. Been trying to spot feed most of them as well in hopes of reviving some of them.

I think mostly the main problem in my tank has to be vermetid snails, which I've been dealing with for awhile now. I gave up stressing about it after crushing so many shells for months on end. (Still crushing and gluing shells to this day) Water changes have been consistent every weekend (with coral pro salt), along with testing for parameters that I have done with my local LFS (from Salifert test kits).

Parameters:
SG - 1.025
Temp - 78.2 F
Alk - 10 dkh
Ca - 390
Phos - 0
Nitrate - 0

Setup: 15g (display tank) + 10g (refugium)

Tank Inhabitants: (3 astrea snails, 4 hermits, 2 clowns, 1 fighting conch, 1 watchman goby)

In the video below you'll see how all 5 of my corals are doing. (3 zoas, 1 trumpet, 1 GSP)

Attachments

• IMG_3913.mp4
    79 MB
Last edited:

shwareefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could be high Alk combined with high lighting and no nutrients. Try lowering your lights and maybe start dosing some nitrate and phosphate. Flow looks good as far as I can tell. You have lots of coraline and the star polyps look happy. Did you use a PAR meter?

00W

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could be high Alk combined with high lighting and no nutrients. Try lowering your lights and maybe start dosing some nitrate and phosphate. Flow looks good as far as I can tell. You have lots of coraline and the star polyps look happy. Did you use a PAR meter?
^^^This.
Well said.

OP
OP
EnemyAnenome

EnemyAnenome

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't used a par meter but I will try lowering the lights and bringing up the nutrients. Maybe find someway to bring down the alk a bit too. Thank you for your input!

OP
OP
EnemyAnenome

EnemyAnenome

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep, could definitely overpower a 15 gallon.
You think turning down the intensity would still help then? or are my lights just too strong. I have another weaker light but I don't think it would work very good with corals. It's a light that came with the tank when I bought it (pretty cheap)

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 41 31.3%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.1%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 34 26.0%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 47 35.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.8%
Back