Thoughts, Kamoer X1 Pro Kalk Stirrer

Flatlandreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are your thoughts on using the Kamoer X1 Pro as a feed pump for an Avast K1 kalk stirrer? Cons as I can see are not being peristaltic and only being able to dose once every hour.

Water Dog

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s essentially a doser with a built in timer dosing at a rate of 33 ml/min. While I do think it’s on the slower side, BRS sells a 50 ml/min doser and Avast sells a 25 ml/min doser for the same purpose. You just need to use your own timer or controller on those units. I don’t see why the X1 wouldn’t work for the same purpose as well.

I use a Litermeter basic pump that pushes 150 ml/min controlled by my Apex for use with my Kalk reactor.

OP
OP
Flatlandreefer

Flatlandreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That looks like a peristaltic dosing pump to me... should work fine.

Maybe I am wrong and that, I'm surprised that it doesn't specifically not that in the description? How can you tell?

I don’t think those are made for the kind of use a kalk reactor would require.

What makes you think that it is not up to snuff for a kalk stirrer, I'm not questioning you just want further clarification? My max dose would require it to run about 6 min every hour.

Water Dog

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe I am wrong and that, I'm surprised that it doesn't specifically not that in the description? How can you tell?

It’s a dosing pump which are displacement pumps that dispense a specific volume per unit of time. If you open up that front assembly where the tubes come out, you will see a roller assembly and pinch tubing inside... that is a peristaltic pump.

Accurate dosing volumes cannot be achieved with centrifugal or diaphragm style pumos.

OP
OP
Flatlandreefer

Flatlandreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s a dosing pump which are displacement pumps that dispense a specific volume per unit of time. If you open up that front assembly where the tubes come out, you will see a roller assembly and pinch tubing inside... that is a peristaltic pump.

Accurate dosing volumes cannot be achieved with centrifugal or diaphragm style pumos.

Thanks!

OP
OP
Flatlandreefer

Flatlandreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went ahead and purchased the x1 pro to feed the Kalk stirrer since BRS thinks the versa is still several months out.

X1 was very simple to setup, it connected to my wifi right away, the comment section on BRS had me a little nervous with complaints about getting it setup.

SteveG_inDC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Curious how this worked out for you @Flatlandreefer. I have an Avast kalk stirrer and just ordered a Kamoer pump but it's the bluetooth version. My concern is that it uses 3mm tubing but the input for the kalk stirrer is for regular 1/4" RO tubing. Will I need to order a barb adapter/reducer?

Jimbo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any updates? I just got an Avast Marine K1 and was hoping to use a Kamoer x1 pro to feed it? Did it work for you guys?

ZeroFrags

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any updates with the Kamoer pumps and Kalk stirrer? How are they working for you guys.

Back