thoughts on catalina goby

mainereefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 2, 2011
Messages
1,880
Reaction score
173
Location
maine
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am wanting to add a pair of catalina gobies to my tank. would this be a problem? thoughts??
30g erectus tank with a target mandarin
 
I think Catalina gobies require colder water temps. Not 100% on that though.
they absolutely do, they will not survive long term in a typical saltwater aquarium. Unless they are given the cooler water temps they will eventually die.
there are many other trimma/eviota species you can keep in reef temperatures
 
I have never seen a warm water seahorse tank... lol
my tank stays at 72-74

and I thought ppl would be saying erectus should be in a species only tank ;)


maybe I should specify, would catalina gobies and seahorses do well together
 
Last edited:
Ahh sorry I'm not seahorse savy..thought erectus was like the type if tank or something lol.. In that case I think it would be a great addition! Probably would never look twice at your horsies!
 
I have never seen a warm water seahorse tank... lol
my tank stays at 72-74

and I thought ppl would be saying erectus should be in a species only tank ;)


maybe I should specify, would catalina gobies and seahorses do well together

72-74 is still considered tropical. Catalina gobies require temps in the range of 60-68F MAX or as stated above, they will certainly die.
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 9 29.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 16 51.6%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 9.7%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 10 32.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 14 45.2%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 25.8%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 16.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new