Thoughts on reliable mid-range skimmer (not vertex)

  • Thread starter Thread starter Akida17th
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Akida17th

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 31, 2014
Messages
969
Reaction score
323
Location
Reefadelphia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I decided to try a new skimmer with my new 93 cube setup a few months back. Got a great deal on a Vertex Omega 150 on BRS black friday deals. Heard mixed reviews about them. I've been running this skimmer for 4 months now and have had nothing but problems so I've decided to sell it and move on to another skimmer. On my old 55 I ran a octopus XS160 and that thing skimmed no matter what and kept my nitrates at nearly 0. The vertex is a constant fight. Nitrates are on the rise and I still can't get this skimmer the way I want it. One little change in chemistry of the water and it destroys the foam head for hours sometimes days (not kidding). Not to mention the ozone outlet breaking twice on me. So I'm looking to buy a RELIABLE skimmer in the range of $250 to $400. Any advice would be appreciated, thanks in advance!
 
For that price, Bubble Magus. Curve 9 if heavy load, but a curve 7 or whatever is their newest comparable skimmer.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 8.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new