Thoughts on vitamin C dosing?

NorthStarCoral

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 15, 2017
Messages
28
Reaction score
13
Location
Clarkston MI
What state or country do you live in
Michigan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just ordered some vitamin C for the farm; to be more specific our Zoa grow out tank. Kinda a newer thing to dose vitamin C. Looking to see if anyone has any experience dosing this into large systems for long periods of times? Is it worth it? Do zoas really color up better and grow faster?
 
It was trendy years ago, but not many folks dose it now and I’m not convinced it has any benefit over dosing other organics such as vinegar or vodka.

It will chemically change the form of some trace elements and thereby reduce ORP. I don’t know if that’s good or bad, just something to note.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 6 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 23.1%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 7.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 7.7%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 23.1%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new