Tideline AIO 20gal

Rach77

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 3, 2024
Messages
169
Reaction score
147
Location
Punta Gorda, FL
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have had this tank going for 6 months. Unfortunately Lost an acropora millepora due to a lighting change, I since learned my lesson and changed lighting back to the original settings. One AI prime 16. I have added a 400gph filter with UV.
Inhabitants are a cleaner goby, a bonded pair of black and white ocellaris clowns that have been rock cleaning, and a pair of springeri damsels. Multiple snails and blue leg hermits, and a coral banded shrimp. Two rock flower anemones, one small haddoni carpet anemone.
Corals include: long polyp toadstool leather, pipe organ tubipora, frogspawn, montipora, green duncan, lava flow leptoseris, two types of zoa's, trachyphyllia and cyphastrea.

IMG_20240905_195116470.jpg IMG_20240905_195055999.jpg IMG_20240905_195051793.jpg
 
Love the tank! I appreciate your confidence in trying millepora within a 20g. I've always struggled with my small tank to maintain sps beyond birdsnest/pocillopora due to pretty drastic alk and salinity swings (from my understanding)

May I ask, what UV are you running? Is it nestled in a back sump area, or do you have it in the front compartment?
 
Love the tank! I appreciate your confidence in trying millepora within a 20g. I've always struggled with my small tank to maintain sps beyond birdsnest/pocillopora due to pretty drastic alk and salinity swings (from my understanding)

May I ask, what UV are you running? Is it nestled in a back sump area, or do you have it in the front compartment?
It is a filter with the light built in 254 nm I believe, got it off of amazon, due to the size I had to put it in the front, I purchased it with the plan of upgrading to a 150. No UV light exposure to the fish, fully enclosed. With that lighting mishap I did, the montipora is coming around. The leptoseris is probably my favorite and other than the zoas, it has probably grown the most. The problem I have mostly is with evaporation, I top off water twice daily to avoid salinity swings. I'm not automated with that yet. Corals are new to me this time around. Had fowlr before.
 
Love the tank! I appreciate your confidence in trying millepora within a 20g. I've always struggled with my small tank to maintain sps beyond birdsnest/pocillopora due to pretty drastic alk and salinity swings (from my understanding)

May I ask, what UV are you running? Is it nestled in a back sump area, or do you have it in the front compartment?
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20240905_204736454.jpg
    IMG_20240905_204736454.jpg
    210.9 KB · Views: 83
Have had this tank going for 6 months. Unfortunately Lost an acropora millepora due to a lighting change, I since learned my lesson and changed lighting back to the original settings. One AI prime 16. I have added a 400gph filter with UV.
Inhabitants are a cleaner goby, a bonded pair of black and white ocellaris clowns that have been rock cleaning, and a pair of springeri damsels. Multiple snails and blue leg hermits, and a coral banded shrimp. Two rock flower anemones, one small haddoni carpet anemone.
Corals include: long polyp toadstool leather, pipe organ tubipora, frogspawn, montipora, green duncan, lava flow leptoseris, two types of zoa's, trachyphyllia and cyphastrea.

IMG_20240905_195116470.jpg IMG_20240905_195055999.jpg IMG_20240905_195051793.jpg
Great looking tank!
 
Couple night photos. Carpet likes to open up at night
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20240911_203407288.jpg
    IMG_20240911_203407288.jpg
    237.1 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_20240911_203309066.jpg
    IMG_20240911_203309066.jpg
    385.5 KB · Views: 82
Acquired a dream fish today. Tank upgrade gonna come sooner than expected. Blue spine naso unicornis ❤️
 

Attachments

  • VID_20240920_180407755.mp4
    32.5 MB
Acquired a dream fish today. Tank upgrade gonna come sooner than expected. Blue spine naso unicornis ❤️
NEVER getting a fish shipped again. Once he started moving, was swimming in upside down circles. Lasted less than 72 hours
 
I started a new tank the day after Christmas. A 55 gallon FOWLR. Transferred fish from another tank and Bought one new fish, a Niger Trigger. The little fella is about 2 inches and likes to lay down and eyeball everything in this floating log. It's quite comical
IMG_20250103_171553733_HDR.jpg
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20250103_171553733_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20250103_171553733_HDR.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 47

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 32.1%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 6 21.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new