Tierra de fuego care

  • Thread starter Thread starter Salt Creep
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Salt Creep

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 6, 2014
Messages
376
Reaction score
326
Location
Minnesota
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am picking up a frag of this and I was wondering what placement people have had the best coloration and success with. A lot of the posts I have read about it so far people are saying it is basically a glorified red planet, but it is being sold as having blues and other colors as well. My red planet has a bright green base with rose colored branches terminating to white growth tips. Pics please if you have them :)
 
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1459533621.217343.jpg

Glorified red planet. If it's happy I get blue on the tips.
 
I wouldn't say it's much like RP. There are a lot more colors ranging from yellow to green, to pink and hints of blue near growth. It does, however require very intense lighting to see the neon pink. It's also a real encruster and will spread out considerably before branching out with thick branches. Give it LOTS of space.
 
I wouldn't say it's much like RP. There are a lot more colors ranging from yellow to green, to pink and hints of blue near growth. It does, however require very intense lighting to see the neon pink. It's also a real encruster and will spread out considerably before branching out with thick branches. Give it LOTS of space.

Good to know. I have a 40 breeder right now with 6 T5HO lights. Would you say I should acclimate it up to the top 1/3 of the tank?
 
Nice looking piece big e, would you agree with it needing high light and such? What species do you think the original tdf is?
 
Nice looking piece big e, would you agree with it needing high light and such? What species do you think the original tdf is?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 29.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 29.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 5 18.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new