Tiger Tail Not Moving

kstradtman88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I finally got a tiger tail after a friend had suggested it. I’ve been weary of a cucumber because of the toxin, but from my research it seems the tiger tail is the least toxic? I acclimated him for hours and he was very active last night and for the last 24 hours he has stayed in the same part of the sand bed (not hidden or near rocks). How do I know when he’s just snoozing or dying?

Spartan76

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Be patient. They will stay put sometimes for a few days. Tiger tails tend to stay in one area of a tank. So if you have a larger tank 2 or 3 may serve you better.

IKD

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Be patient. They will stay put sometimes for a few days. Tiger tails tend to stay in one area of a tank. So if you have a larger tank 2 or 3 may serve you better.
Agree with this. They wander at first but when they find a good rock/enclave, they tend to stay put and reach out at night across the bed but leaving their tail in the ‘home’. They can get good size though. Mine can reach about a foot radius from his spot.

How big is your tank? Tiger conchs may be another option for sand cleaning for you.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 47 16.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 159 57.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.8%
Back