TigerTail Cucumber In a Bare-bottom tank??

Macdaddynick1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
May 20, 2014
Messages
1,866
Reaction score
2,305
Location
Reseda, California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am breaking down my old tank, and I have about 5 or 6 TigerTails in it. My new tank is BB, and I was wondering if anyone has experience keeping Tigertail cucumbers in a Bare Bottom tank.
 
No. And no one should. Tigertails ingest sand as part of their diet. They digest all the organic matter on the sand particles and then poop out the clean sand. So a sandless tank is a foodless tank and a slow painful death for a cucumber.
 
No. And no one should. Tigertails ingest sand as part of their diet. They digest all the organic matter on the sand particles and then poop out the clean sand. So a sandless tank is a foodless tank and a slow painful death for a cucumber.
thank you, turned them all in to my lfs
 

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 22.5%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.5%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 27.5%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 3 7.5%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new