Time of day for water changes

fachatga

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I generally do my water changes in the evening. But that’s due to my overall schedule. Is there a reason to do them at a certain time of day or night? Does it matter? I’m thinking it probably doesn’t matter much but there might be some reason or other that makes one schedule better. Just curious what people think.

Azedenkae

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I generally do my water changes in the evening. But that’s due to my overall schedule. Is there a reason to do them at a certain time of day or night? Does it matter? I’m thinking it probably doesn’t matter much but there might be some reason or other that makes one schedule better. Just curious what people think.
Yeah It probably does not matter, though I do try to do mine when the fish has yet started going to bed. I find they enter panic mode either way probably, but they seem to do better if they were already awake and active, rather than already asleep and then suddenly started panicking.

As in when they are already active, after their initial panic mode and the water change, they go back to chilling. If I do it at night, then it seems like they feel their safety is significantly challenged and next day they are super shy.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 41 41.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 21 21.4%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 34.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.0%
Back