Time to build a 120g

IMG_0224.jpg

Got it cleaned.
Hope all my fish and coral make it while the pump is on the way.
I should have had a back up pump on hand.
 
I have had this superman monti for a year. It has grown from the size of a quarter to 6 inches in diameter. It has always had red polyps with no blue. Until last week the blue showed up. I am really excited that I'm getting better color.
IMG_0279.jpg


Since I had my sump broken down to replace the return pump, I decided to add a refugium. Here is a pic. I had to put it in the first chamber of my sump because my skimmer is too big to fit in the first chamber.

IMG_0280.jpg
 
Great job!
 
Monthly water test.

Salinity 35
pH 8.2
Ca 400
Kh 5
Mg 1230
Nitrates 0

I can not wait until I use up my current salt mix! I am going to start using Red Sea Pro like MrFresh suggested.

Since adding the refugium, I have noticed a huge difference. There is no algae in the tank. It was very easy and simple to get going. Should have started the tank with a refugium.
 
Hi werry nice setup you have maibe i mist it , vhot brand LED light you use thank you loking perfect.
 
Wish I could add a refugium to mine. Sump is euro-braced so can't get an Aquafuge on it.
I wonder if there is some other way to modify so you could add a refuge.

Hi werry nice setup you have maibe i mist it , vhot brand LED light you use thank you loking perfect.
I am using a Vertex Illumina led light

Awesome tank i just love it
Thanks
 
Looking good!
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 17.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new