Time to upgrade my macro lens !!!

  • Thread starter Thread starter lsingh
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

lsingh

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 14, 2011
Messages
1,100
Reaction score
83
Location
san antonio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I been getting involved in macro photography from quite some time and figured its time to treat my self and get some a higher standard lens ....
I been using canon 100mm f/2.8 non L series , tamron 90mm and sigma 105mm f/2.5 for quite some times and both hve served me Gud ...

Thinking about getting one of these ....
Sigma 150mm f/2.8
Sigma 180mm f/2.8
Canon 180mm f/3.5 L

Would greatly appreciate if some has experience with these lenses and can share ...


Thanks
Lucky Singh
 
I forget where I read this, but I was reading somewhere for a Nikon Macro lens that one specific Sigma was almost equivalent with the Nikon Macro lens, but that the other lenses by Sigma were not as good. I would just search some reviews online about each lens and make a decision from there. Here is my go to website where I start my searches though I also search google for some others as well: Lens Reviews / Previews: Digital Photography Review
 
I vote for the canon 180mm.
But remember u will have to be pretty far to take a pic
And ull need great lighting with an f stop of 3.5/or know how to mess with the sending a lot
 
True that's the only drawback ....needs a flash with longer focus macros


Thanks
Lucky Singh
 
Have just purchased sigma 18mm ..have only used it once but can tell I need a flash with this ...


Thanks
Lucky Singh
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 3 4.7%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 28.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 29.7%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 7 10.9%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 10.9%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new