Tiny feather dusters

Kershaw

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
when I got into this hobby 6 or 7 years ago my first tank was a 3 year old complete tank with fish and coral. When I got it there where these tiny purple feather worms all over the tank. I mean everywhere. I was wondering what they are called and where to get them. Thanks.

John3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have orange, white, blue, purple and pink ones everywhere but they all came on my live rock from Florida. The white ones spread like crazy, the other colors not so much. I could see getting some white ones being worth it as you would only need a few to end up with a lot.

John3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Btw, I had a copperband butterfly for a little bit trying to get rid of some aiptasia and it cleaned house on the feather dusters. Most grew back once he was gone but you gotta watch out for what kind of fish you have if you want these small dusters.

skiergd011013

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They seem to prefer shade in my tank. They only grow on the glass, behind rocks, and inside my skimmer, where its dark.

Zack K

The Butterfly Guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea, I have had too many butterflies to even think about Feather Dusters. I prefer butterflies over the dusters but I agree. Watch what you put in with them. As for where you can but them. Some online retails may have some from time to time. Just have to keep your eyes peeled.

OP
OP
Kershaw

Kershaw

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea maybe I will just look for some one local that has them In there tank. I would like to have butterfly’s but there are to many corals I like that they eat. And I don’t like the way Fowler systems look I need more color and movement in my tank

Back