Tiny Flatworms?

Tk161900

New Member
View Badges
Joined
May 26, 2021
Messages
4
Reaction score
4
Location
O'Fallon
What state or country do you live in
Missouri
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi. I noticed a few of these guys crawling around my tank after a diatom bloom. 2 days later they were everywhere. They don't seem to bother the coral, but I have seen them crawling on my Hammer. They don't bother me much I just would like to know if they are the bad kind. I ordered some flatworm exit just in case they turn out to be a pest. The pictures I have were taken with a little handheld microscope. I also took a video that can be found here:


Tank is about 5 months old.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

2021_06_23_22_53_47_602.jpg 2021_06_23_22_54_06_531.jpg 2021_06_23_22_56_22_783.jpg 2021_06_23_22_56_26_719.jpg
 
You’re the 2nd one today.
Acoel or glass flatworm although the lesser in harm can be a problem in numbers as they can smother coral and block the light that produces zooxanthelle which is food source for many coral
Siphon out with 3/8” tubing into a nylon stocking or add a wrasse such as yellow coris, 6 line or lunare which will eat them
 
You’re the 2nd one today.
Acoel or glass flatworm although the lesser in harm can be a problem in numbers as they can smother coral and block the light that produces zooxanthelle which is food source for many coral
Siphon out with 3/8” tubing into a nylon stocking or add a wrasse such as yellow coris, 6 line or lunare which will eat them
Thanks. Sorry I looked around but didn't see any pictures that looked like mine. I've had a six line wrasse for months but he doesn't seem to be doing much.
 
Thanks. Sorry I looked around but didn't see any pictures that looked like mine. I've had a six line wrasse for months but he doesn't seem to be doing much.
Coris wrasse is best or siphoning
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new