Tiny red slugs

  • Thread starter Thread starter yOyOYoo
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

yOyOYoo

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 10, 2025
Messages
137
Reaction score
55
Location
Brea, CA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can I get an identification on these tiny little red slugs? They appear very small about 20 microns in size. You can see in the photos and videos attached there are some tisbe copepods for size comparison, which are about 50 to 100 microns in size I believe. These red things do not look like flatworms to me.

IMG_0038.jpeg
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0037.mov
    37.3 MB
  • IMG_0039.mov
    57.9 MB
Interesting, they almost move like a flat worm. I’m not sure tho, following to learn from others.

Bump
 
These showed up in my copepod culture. Just wondering if they are safe to add to my tank.
 
Without microscope there is no way to be sure. Depending on their diet copepods can have different colors though.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 28.6%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 32.1%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.4%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new