Tip cups everywhere ...

  • Thread starter Thread starter FMF0331
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
The summer of 1967 when I turned 14 I was able to get a work permit (in LA Calif.) and worked full time as a dishwasher in a restaurant for the summer. The owner liked my work and created a job for me that was part time so I could continue to work when school started again. National minimum wage was $1.65 an hour and I was paid $1.35 perhaps because I was a student and maybe because I would make up the difference in tips. No one tips the dishwasher but the waitresses would share 10 percent of their tips when I filled in as a bus boy. Sorry to hear that most states allow $2.13 so many years later as long as the tips bring it up to the national minimum wage of $7.25. Another injustice was the full grown man with a family that I replaced when he went home to Mexico was only making $1.10 an hour (19 percent less than a 14 year old kid) since he was here illegally and wouldn't complain.

There are good and bad workers in every industry. The good ones in restaurants work harder than a lot of other jobs for less money and deserve my generous tip.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 6.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 22 19.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 32.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new