Tips and Tricks (No Secrets)

Awesome write up!

I almost laughed out loud when I saw the picture of your skimmer, and the caption about allowing yourself room to adequately clean it!

My first large tank, I had to take the cap off the skimmer container to fit it out of the cabinet. I made sure to allow myself extra room in my cabinet for my second tank, to allow plenty of room to get my skimmer out. Then, at the last second, I had to change my sump out for a different one, and it was 3 inches taller... Now, I have to take the lid off the skimmer container to get it out of the sump...

Proper planning prevents poor performance! Lesson (evidently) still not learned!
 
I remember the first question Michael was asking me when he walked up to my tank........... "This tank certainly has a secret, does it?"
And all I did was stood back and let him take in the moment :)
 
A much appreciated write. Thanks for give time to the subject.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 4 5.9%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 26.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 27.9%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 9 13.2%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 5.9%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 10.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 5.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new