Tips and tricks to stop your reactor clogging up

Punchanello

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 3, 2017
Messages
611
Reaction score
671
Location
Australia
What state or country do you live in
Australia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't have any but I'd love to hear yours!

I have an AF reactor. I run carbon at the bottom, then a separator and then GFO at the top. I've run it two ways - via a manifold from my return pump and currently through a small pump in my sump with some foam filter on the intake to avoid debris getting in.

Unfortunately, both ways the carbon tends to clog up within a week or two pushing all the contents to the top of the reactor and often out in to the sump.

If you have any suggestions I'd really appreciate some help on how I can avoid this :)
 
Try putting the pump that is feeding the reactor in a filter sock. I use a disposable filter sock called a reef diaper (you can buy on Amazon)

The key is keeping the feed pump from sucking up debris.
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 17.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new