Tips for improving aquascape in reef tank (Aqua Ceramic Base)

  • Thread starter Thread starter Auroraz
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Auroraz

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 19, 2025
Messages
24
Reaction score
9
Location
Israel
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone,

I’m running a Red Sea 425 mixed reef (currently 4 months old, almost no SPS yet but planning to add in the future). I’m not fully satisfied with my current aquascape - I feel like my fish don’t have enough territories or hiding spots.

The aquascape is built with "Aqua Ceramic", but I’m considering adding a few live rocks to improve structure and biodiversity.

My main goals are:
  • Create a “dense” look with corals eventually covering the rockwork
  • Provide enough caves and hiding places for fish

here are some pictures of my current aquascape for reference:
1763658543124.png


1763658556642.png

1763658576997.png


1763658591978.png


One idea I’ve been thinking about is pushing the left pillar further back in the tank and adding some rocks in a declining slope toward the front
Would love to hear your tips or suggestions of how you’ve approached to improve this current setup

Thanks!
 
When I look at it my eyes go to the right first. Then across to the left. The left seems a bit empty. Maybe your idea is a good one
 
I would add more rock to the middle and left side. I think if you add rock to those two parts, you will be fine!
 
Thanks, everyone!
Do you have any thoughts on whether it’s better to add live rocks or new ones?
I understand that new rocks mean a new cycle, but I’m fine with keeping them in the sump for a while
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new