Tis the Season

  • Thread starter Thread starter shornik
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

shornik

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 8, 2014
Messages
517
Reaction score
210
Location
Orlando, FL
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK my iPhone just doesn't cut it and my wife is thinking of buying me a camera :tongue::kiss::love: I don't want to spend too much (after all that means less corals for purchasing) so what do the experts think about these options:

Nikon D3200 @449
Nikon D3300 @499
Nikon D5200 @599
Nikon D5300 @799 - getting too expensive for me
Nikon D7100 @1199 - definitely too expensive for me

And finally which lens would you suggest?

The advertising flyer I'm basing this on has only Nikons so other options within these price ranges are welcome.

Thanks!
 
I know it's not on your list, I'm no camera expert by any means. I bought a used Nikon D5100 from a local reefer and couldn't be happier. However, I also bought lightroom and that also is very nice to have when dealing with those pesky blues!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 13 52.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 12 48.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new