Tissue recession question.

  • Thread starter Thread starter TDTA1181
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

TDTA1181

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 25, 2013
Messages
209
Reaction score
35
Location
Starkville, MS
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm having some issues w/ Echinata & a Red Dragon frag that I've totally lost. The tank is a 125gal w a 40gal sump it's a/b 3 months old I know pretty quick to put in SPS corals but my parameters have been stable. Alk 9, calcium 470, Nitrate 0-2 on Red Sea test kit. Phosphate is higher than I'd like (.12-.16) but I've been doing 20 gallon w.c's a/b every 7-9 days. I've been trying to control the phosphate w/ phosphate Rx. Alk, Cal & Phosphate are checked w/ Hanna checkers. I have two 2nd generations Radions turned dwn to 50% & taken the red/green lts completely out. I use filter socks & change them out 2x a wk, hoping this will help out w/ the phosphates. I have ran GFO for a/b a 2wks. & changed the media out weekly. I couldn't notice that this reduced my phosphate amount any. Does anyone have a tank this size w/ Radions and if u do w/'s u're photo period & what intensity do you run u're lts @?
 
Just because you're parameter are good does not make your tank ready water has to age some more senstive corals will rtn every time
 
the problem could be from your tank being young and unstable. there could be parameter swings that you just aren't seeing. Give your tank a few more months and things should settle down. Best of luck!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new