Titration device

Mikeltee

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I recently saw a pic or a video of a device that allows for 1 handed titration so that you can shake it and hold it up near your eye as you add your liquid. Does anyone know what this device is called?

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you talking about the Red Sea kits? The combo kits come with a large "thing" that holds a syringe and their vials. You can shake/swirl and add titration solution at the same time.

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The "thing" with the vial and syringe in it?

10163.jpg

elysics

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Look into magnetic stirrers, a bit pricy for what they are, but so much help. Then you don't need to alternate between dripping and shaking, or shake at all, you just set it on the table and drip stuff in. And the don't constrain you towards using specific vials.

KimG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Look into magnetic stirrers, a bit pricy for what they are, but so much help. Then you don't need to alternate between dripping and shaking, or shake at all, you just set it on the table and drip stuff in. And the don't constrain you towards using specific vials.
I made a diy version. Its absolutely brilliant to use. No more shaking the vial. I can had pictures latter if interested.

elysics

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I made a diy version. Its absolutely brilliant to use. No more shaking the vial. I can had pictures latter if interested.

Yeah its basically just a small motor with a potentiometer, a glued on magnet and a fancy box around it, sometimes with a backlight for the vial. On the other hand, those boxes are a hassle to make yourself if you don't have the equipment.

KimG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah its basically just a small motor with a potentiometer, a glued on magnet and a fancy box around it, sometimes with a backlight for the vial. On the other hand, those boxes are a hassle to make yourself if you don't have the equipment.
Pretty much spot on. I have a 3d printer, so that makes life easier on the "fancy box" part. Although mine isn't very fancy

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 143 43.1%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 118 35.5%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 50 15.1%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 16 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.5%
Back