To many snails????

So I have a 40g reef aquarium. I have about 10-14 snail of witch I know three are turbos, I got ten smaller astreas aswell. I’m thinking of adding about 30 more to have a solid clean up crew in the future. The tank is cycled an I do have a touch of diatoms here and there I’ve managed to control it. Would adding 30 more snails be ok?
20Astrea snails snails
5 Nassarius snails
5 Cerith snails
5 ninja snails . I also have one skunk cleaner shrimp, male fire blenny, two clowns and a tamino surgeon. Even tho lfs said it was a tang I’m not 100%

so with that said I’d love to hear some opinions!

F0847899-264D-490B-9764-18C8098BAAB1.jpeg E6059EEE-F9BD-4E49-B831-EE68F34A5261.jpeg
My standard snail load on all tanks is 1 per 2 gallons of system water minimum.
In my old 120 I never had less than 75. Mostly astrea, trochus and some turbos.
In my 20g nano cube I
have 25.
I add snails once a month typically to make up for the ones that die.
 
What about 100 astria snails in a 75g with a 20g sump
 
What about 100 astria snails in a 75g with a 20g sump
Personally I would diversify a bit. Depends what your tank has that they can graze on, but Reef Cleaners is the place to shop imo
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new