Toadstool and Sinularia not shedding

StartingATank

Self-Diagnosed Coral Addict
View Badges
Joined
Nov 30, 2024
Messages
2,356
Reaction score
1,744
Location
DFW Metroplex
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I’m not sure if this is normal or not, but I have a sinularia and a toadstool and they haven’t shed once since I got them. Toadstool is about half a year old and sinularia about 2 months old
 
I’m not sure if this is normal or not, but I have a sinularia and a toadstool and they haven’t shed once since I got them. Toadstool is about half a year old and sinularia about 2 months old
I have always wondered why they shed, they are not like a reptile that must shed skin as they grow.

I have always thought that they shed as part of a defensive measure, but what or why I don’t think I have ever heard a reasonable explanation for that action?

When mine were healthy and growing they didn’t shed much if at all, if I remember correctly?
 
Shedding is not necessary unless because they need to clean themselves, algae, detritus buildup, sometimes from stress etc etc... I wouldn't worry about it, sounds like you have happy corals.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 8 24.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 21.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new