Toadstool - Diseased? Dip it?

SoggyCarbs

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 11, 2018
Messages
10
Reaction score
8
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1000011344.jpg

My toadstool has had this dark junk on it for weeks. I added a small power head to blow directly on it about two weeks ago. No improvement.
Is it dead? Should I dip it in something? I have Coral RX on hand (and chemiclean, though I know that's not a dip per se).

TIA!!
 
Just looks super unhappy.
Directly blasting it probably isn't helping.
Make sure your water parameters are within teason and have indirect flow. Should help.
Leathers are VERY forgiving..
 
Anytime I see any discoloration on mine I take a turkey baster to them. I've started blowing the big one in the center off daily along without the cabbage leather and they show a positive response. The one vertical is in front of an MP40 so it's getting blasted. It moved itself to the vertical position so I leave it be. I've found mine prefer higher flow.

PXL_20250914_213707916~2.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new