Toadstool Leather spawning nearby, or aptasia?

  • Thread starter Thread starter testuser
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

testuser

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 23, 2023
Messages
391
Reaction score
80
Location
NY
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, is my toadstool leather spawning baby polyps nearby, or is that aptasia? It sure looks awfully similar to the leather's polyps, but I wanted to make sure. Also, if the former, I never realized that it could spawn elsewhere that way, and if so, that's exciting to me. For what it's worth, I don't believe that part highlighted in the picture is a part of the coral itself, and it also came with that bonus shell for some reason.

Inked20240205_121021_LI.jpg
 
Hey guys, is my toadstool leather spawning baby polyps nearby, or is that aptasia? It sure looks awfully similar to the leather's polyps, but I wanted to make sure. Also, if the former, I never realized that it could spawn elsewhere that way, and if so, that's exciting to me. For what it's worth, I don't believe that part highlighted in the picture is a part of the coral itself, and it also came with that bonus shell for some reason.

Inked20240205_121021_LI.jpg
Looks like feather dusters leathers usually self frag chuncks
 
You guys are right, nice! Its "polyp" so similar, pretty crazy. Much apppreciated!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 6 18.2%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 14 42.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 2 6.1%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 6.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new