Toadstool stress? Shed

Shawnfish1122

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 10, 2026
Messages
65
Reaction score
32
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I got this new toadstool in 6month old tank and I think it is very stressed it’s it’s second day and I don’t know if it will survive
It appears to be shedding now anyone know the chance of survival and how long it should shed?
20260215_214355_B589F308-F56B-4625-97BA-A04CE9A3024E.png ?
 
I am sure it will survive. Stay positive. What are your water parameters? Hows your lighting? Preferably around 150-200 par. Hows your flow? Preferably moderate, indirect flow. If it stay closed for 4-6 days, use a toothbrush to gently brush its surface.
 
It needs flow to shed. Looking at the air bubbles they all go up straight. Do you have any powerheads in the tank for sideways water movement?
 
Toadstools are the biggest divas I’ve ever had. They will retreat and wax up at the slightest parameter change. As long as chunks don’t start sloughing off then you should be good. They also like water on the dirtier side so I won’t run any carbon or GFO.
 

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 22.5%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.5%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 27.5%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 3 7.5%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new