Today Only! $50 Gift Certificate on Orders of $179+!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

scchase

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I still like LA but refuse to play the GC game. Last summer they were running this deal and I was at something around $160 so just needed one more thing to get the GC. Added a fish that put me over by $50 or so, one fish that was $70 didn't ship so I ended up getting nothing. I could have used a % off code and saved $30ish but figured a $50 GC was a better deal but instead got the priviledge of paying $30 more than I would have otherwise.

Tahoe61

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Partaking in social media means opening lines of communication to your customer and exposing yourself to feedback both good and bad. A good company understands the value of feedback, both good and bad.

And hence the vendor feedback forum.

Partaking in social media has nothing to do with it. Some posters have an alternative agenda, they probably never even purchased from LA.

Feedback is awesome, but there is a place for it.

I have no skin in this game, I just feel that there are better ways to communicate dissatisfaction than using promotional threads. Let your wallet do the talking.

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The vendor feedback forum is limited in that it does not allow for conversation.

The point about social media is, if as a business you want to utilize it, you take the good with the bad. Immediate feedback and two way communication is an integral part of it.

shadesatsetbreak

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The part that bothers me is the fact that LA is unwilling to address the issues in the open.

LA did OK by me. Not all I would have asked for, but they treated me OK.

They wouldn't budge on the gift certificate issue at all. And that seems like such an easy thing to have fixed. Just send me an email with a new expiration date. Personally, I think not being wide open honest about a short date on a gift certificate promotion is just shady marketing. I think LA would get way more props for being open and honest about the time frame. As it is they take another hit for being shady and underhanded with the advertising.

As for my 'other' issue. LA stepped up and gave me a full credit for 2 inexpensive fish. I ordered 2 clowns and they sent me 2 that didn't look ANYTHING like the photo on the website. Once they examined my photo and looked at their photo, they pulled their photo and said it was the wrong one. And to their credit, they gave me a full refund.

I'm not out to bash anybody. I've been a long time buyer from LA. But over the past couple of years I have not bought much of anything as my tank was over flowing with corals. In that time LA was bought out. I now have a bigger tank and I've placed a couple of orders with LA. I got burned on a policy change they made a long time ago. Fair enough. The second order had the above issues and I think LA did a fair job at of making things right.

And I would have explained this all whether somebody else asked about it or not. To be perfectly honest, I got home last night from a frag swap 2 1/2 hours from home and I had a new email from LA. So this is very current info.

So I guess I'm not getting that gift certificate then, huh?

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Between the gift certificate, the credit for the wrong fish, and credits for DOA snails and a now dead wrasse, I'm almost up to an order with free shipping! I'll buy frozen food or a coral if I have to.

But thanks for that offer! ;Hilarious;Hilarious;Hilarious

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 22.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 58 33.9%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 54 31.6%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.3%
Back