too much flow?

ChrisfromBrick

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 29, 2024
Messages
3,566
Reaction score
4,909
Location
Brick, NJ
What state or country do you live in
New Jersey
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hey all- just dealing with some red cyano and among a few other things, decided to increase my mp40 flow a good deal higher. Parameters are ok with nitrate at about 7-9 and PO4 at 0.08-0.18. KH sits around 8.2-8.4.

Tank is still new so I’m going through the uglies at 5 months. Red slime, some hair, but i don’t see what appears to be dino’s.

I’m running it this week at about 75% and my tank is a rimless 65g at 36x22x20. Am I stressing the seams by doing this? Corals seem fine with it.
 
...... Am I stressing the seams by doing this? .....

Gosh, I hope not. I have three MP40's on one end.

Three MP40s.jpg


I can't see how an MP40 can rip apart a tank.
 
thanks- i thought i saw it somewhere that heavy flow can mess with seams of unbraced tanks. Went with my gut so good to hear feedback.
 
thanks- i thought i saw it somewhere that heavy flow can mess with seams of unbraced tanks. Went with my gut so good to hear feedback.
I suppose I could see that, but not with what you’re talking about. Maybe if you stuck 2 gyre 350’s on there with a couple more mp40’s and turned it into a wave pool, but I would think you would have water flying over the edge by the time you would start to have issues with seam stress.
 
I just realized.....is this the Chris whose family home was on Wick in Sayreville?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new