Top 3 Dream Fish!

falconut

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Scribbled Angelfish, but too rich for my blood.
Regal Angelfish, but would hate to see it fade away.
Majestic Angelfish, just got one in QT.

OP
OP
Killamanjaro

Killamanjaro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All of the above :)
I love the niger trigger.
I am setting up a 180 gallon, and loving this thread to look at ideas! :) Still making my stocking list and it changes daily.
Powder Blue Tang will be one of my first additions
Pair of Blue Jaw Triggers
Now I want a moorish idol - but my luck with finicky eaters is terrible.

(already have a foxface, sailfin, scooter, flamehawk and 2 clowns that will move over from my 120).

Haha I started up this thread because I wanted ideas for stocking my up and coming 130g.

Nothing beats a whats your favourite thread for ideas! :D

Is that a scooter dragonet you already have?

Daltrey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1) Borbonious Anthis
d92c3f1c1044796516c88f5c05b71a54.png

2) Super male Flame Wrasse
a533ffe2bb12b70e45e7a9aaace5bfb3.png

3) Female Potters Angelfish
5fecb7ded598968a600e050ef4f1985e.png

As soon as i find a Borbonious Anthis in stock I’m getting it. Awesome fish!

dutch27

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picasso Trigger
Picasso Trigger
Achilles Tang

Yes that was intentional. Doubt I'll ever have a tank big enough, I'm finding small tanks without tons of equipment are more enjoyable to me.

XNavyDiver

Insightful answer loading... please wait.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm one of the lucky ones who doesn't desire certain kinds of fish but can't have them for one reason or another (tank size or incompatibility). I think I've hit my fish limit with my last two additions, a male and female Square Anthias. As I'm all about those colored sticks, my wife has been the impetus behind the fish, and me more as an advisor, steering her decisions towards species that are reef/coral friendly. I tend to see them more as coral nutrient producers...
Ok, so the anthias pair is really cool, and I'm really happy with them. ;)

LadyMac

Freshwater sage fish whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine are simple, but one is not a fish. I want a Peacock mantis shrimp, cause they are beautiful! I know not compatible with reefs, and can eat my fish so I will admire from afar, until I decide to set up a tank specifically for one. Two is a Marine betta cause, I cannot be the crazy betta lady without a marine betta I mean come on! Last I want picasso clowns cause I am an artist and what better type of fish for an artist than one named after an artist! My false perculas will do for now, I love them. Will never part with them. So just an I want list not necessarily anything I would actually get.

XNavyDiver

Insightful answer loading... please wait.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A small, inexpensive, hearty, reef safe, SCHOOLING fish.

Been looking for years.

I'm going to try some blue eye or red cardinals next.
I've got a group of 6 green chromis that all hang out in a group together. Is that schooling or shoaling? Dunno. Regardless, these seem to meet all your requirements?

Yuki Rihwa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1) Madarin Dragonet
2) Feather Star

Both species are darn cheap (15 bucks each) here but I can't keep it in my current tank because it is slow competitor for pods and will die from starvation.

OP
OP
Killamanjaro

Killamanjaro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A small, inexpensive, hearty, reef safe, SCHOOLING fish.

Been looking for years.

I'm going to try some blue eye or red cardinals next.

Seen a school of around 15-20 blue eyed cardinals and it was stunning to say the least. on their own, they're not much but a few of them together makes an impact.

Did you consider the yellow striped cardinals?

Kmsutows

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine are simple, but one is not a fish. I want a Peacock mantis shrimp, cause they are beautiful! I know not compatible with reefs, and can eat my fish so I will admire from afar, until I decide to set up a tank specifically for one. Two is a Marine betta cause, I cannot be the crazy betta lady without a marine betta I mean come on! Last I want picasso clowns cause I am an artist and what better type of fish for an artist than one named after an artist! My false perculas will do for now, I love them. Will never part with them. So just an I want list not necessarily anything I would actually get.

What's keeping you from getting a marine betta? They are awesome fish. I've had mine around 8-10 years I think. Started in a 55gal and now in my 150 gal. It's always been a model citizen.

Greybeard

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got a group of 6 green chromis that all hang out in a group together. Is that schooling or shoaling? Dunno. Regardless, these seem to meet all your requirements?

Might fit the criteria, but I just don't like Chromis. After a while, you're likely to end up with two.

Seen a school of around 15-20 blue eyed cardinals and it was stunning to say the least. on their own, they're not much but a few of them together makes an impact.

Did you consider the yellow striped cardinals?

Yup. I kinda like the blue eye or red ones better, but yellow striped are on my list.

LadyMac

Freshwater sage fish whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's keeping you from getting a marine betta? They are awesome fish. I've had mine around 8-10 years I think. Started in a 55gal and now in my 150 gal. It's always been a model citizen.
Research for one. I have to do more reading on them. My tank is only 40 gallons without a sump. I think they need larger? That and the fact that I can’t fond them locally.

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 26 15.0%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 83 48.0%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 54 31.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.9%
Back