Top 5 Pieces of Reefing Gear

T-J

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just released a new episode on what I feel are the top 5 pieces of reefing gear you should invest in to be successful. Do you agree with my list? If not, what would you add or take away from my list?
Thanks for watching!

JGT

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just released a new episode on what I feel are the top 5 pieces of reefing gear you should invest in to be successful. Do you agree with my list? If not, what would you add or take away from my list?
Thanks for watching!

Agree on 4 of the 5. Media reactor- not so much. Would replace that with an RODI unit. Thanks Just my $.02…

OP
OP
T-J

T-J

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agree on 4 of the 5. Media reactor- not so much. Would replace that with an RODI unit. Thanks Just my $.02…
Oh man, I can't disagree with you there! My RODI system never came across my mind because I couldn't imagine making saltwater without one. I equate using RODI to using an aquarium.

Thanks so much!

OP
OP
T-J

T-J

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
RO/DI
ATO
Dosing system
Quality skimmer
Quality lighting

None in any sort of 1-5 order.

Note: without a plan from day one your making reefing harder than it needs to be.
I didn't include dosing (I have one on my system) in the top 5 since some people may be running a softie tank, or might be running a different method of replenishing.
Thanks for the comment! And yes, I agree that I missed the ball on RODI.

X-37B

Fight The Good Fight
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn't include dosing (I have one on my system) in the top 5 since some people may be running a softie tank, or might be running a different method of replenishing.
Thanks for the comment! And yes, I agree that I missed the ball on RODI.
I dose by hand in my 45 frag system so I guess im the piece of equipment, lol. I run a carx on my 120. Most tanks will require dosing of some sort. For some WC's may be all the dosing they will need.
Happy New Year!

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 38 24.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 53 33.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 29.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.5%
Back