• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

TOP Lids - Buyer Beware

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

Mattiejay6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wish I was writing a positive review, but unfortunately due to their lack of customer service it is simply not possible. Lets start with the ordering process, which is the only part you actually receive decent communication all the way up until you pay. Well you pay first, then they send you over a form to gather dimensions of your aquarium you select a pre-defined space for light mounts, which they do not ask for dimensions, but simply the location and brand. They then give you a week the "engineer" will contact you, which is ultimately the same game that you spoke to first. While I am here if they refer to a "manager" I also feel like its the same person, with maybe multiple personalities to hide behind. After about 3 months of waiting I sent them a message with no response, 24 hours later tried again, no response, took to their Facebook page seems like lots of people are having the same issue.. Well they charged me $374.06 for a lid and aren't responding to me. Seems like a huge issue.. I posted on their page a bunch and finally got a response and they PM'ed me.. They sent me over a drawing of my lid top to verify the measurements I provided them, which I did and there was a few errors I made them correct. I did not check their light mount measurements as they were a pre defined space, and I see lots of people with this lids and figured no issue there. Well after about another month of excuses, and trying to delay me until November, when I finally asked for a refund they were magically able to manufacture my lid for me. Also don't ever try to call them, because their phones do not work or when they do ring, they are never answered.

Fast forward, I got the lid and the XRMS mounts do not fit. The opening was too small and the XRMS will not fit through it. I tried to contact the company with no response in 24 hours. I decided after this whole debacle, I would file a PayPal claim, because I am tired of the lack in communication. Well, not long after I get a response. They asked for more photos then the one I provided, which I said I could get later, I wasn't at home. They guy on Facebook messenger told me he wouldn't talk to his manager until he got the extra photo, even though the one I sent was pretty clear the mount would not fit. After a short back and forth, because I felt it was really just a delay tactic versus us discussing possible ways to correct the issue. Which ultimately is a lid replacement because of where the netting spline is, the holes could not be widened enough with out cutting those out halfway. Well then conversation ended with him going to speak with the manager and never came back. I sent over additional photos that evening, which I saw they looked at, but got no response. I messaged the next morning and no response. I re-pinged them in the afternoon on PayPal, which they responded.

Well... they told me they would discount me on a new lid purchase. which I felt was absolutely insane.. so I advised him I would just go ahead and pursue with PayPal. He told me go ahead. I escalated the PayPal claim and await their response. However I felt that I should post here on this company... so others can make their own decision. Honestly the product would be awesome, but the guy behind the computer on the other side....something else!

IMG_8514.PNG

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back