• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Top Shelf Aquatics

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

Wurst

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bought several pieces during their last weekend sale. Delivered on right date, great packaging, all alive, awesome flow/light/name labels. Highly recommended. Thanks!

Sashaka

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bought several pieces during their last weekend sale. Delivered on right date, great packaging, all alive, awesome flow/light/name labels. Highly recommended. Thanks!

I also bought 10 pieces during their auction. All came in alive, was packed well with heat packs, and arrived on the date as scheduled. I found underneath several plugs multiple gelatinous globs and one bonus mini star. I thought the blobs were aiptasia or some kind of eggs and scrubbed them off. I was later informed by TSA that they were probably tunicates as they have several types of them in their systems. Two bonus hitchhikers, and I threw one of them away before learning that they were not harmful! I did think the coral frags were very tiny for auction sale prices but I WOULD definitely purchase from this company again.

I am no means an expert when it comes to coral inspection or care. I know vendors do all they can to keep pest free systems. It's their livelihood! I believe it's up to the purchaser to ensure anything that escapes a vendors' watchful eyes is addressed by dipping and careful observation of coral plugs and the corals themselves. Just don't do what I did and throw away the good stuff! LOL TSA did reach out to me to address my concerns. This proves they care about the coral they ship and about pleasing their customers. A+ rating! :)

Last edited:

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I was in Orlando today near @TopShelfAquatics so I stopped in to look around, ask a few questions, and get a few things. Their selection of fish, corals, and equipment is strong and appears to be high quality. They were gracious enough to also provide a quick tour of their coral farm. I was impressed with what I saw and would definitely recommend this vendor. As I've mentioned in other posts I continue to be underwhelmed when visiting LFSs as I travel so, in contrast, this is a LFS that is worth seeing if you're in the area. Whether you are looking to make purchases online or get a chance to stop by when you are in Orlando for vacation or for MACNA2019, it is worth considering Top Shelf Aquatics.

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 45 35.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 22.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.9%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back