Topic of the Week - Lighting

What kind of lighting do you have now?

  • Metal Halides

    Votes: 2 5.7%
  • LEDs

    Votes: 19 54.3%
  • T-5's

    Votes: 3 8.6%
  • Metal Halide & T5 Combo

    Votes: 1 2.9%
  • T5 & LED Combo

    Votes: 7 20.0%
  • Metal Halide & LED Combo

    Votes: 3 8.6%
  • Other..

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    35
  • Poll closed .
I can only speak of the compact fluorescents in my BioCube 14 and they appear to be doing a fine job. I'm dying to put the T5's to use that KRAZE parted ways with.
 
I've used Gen 1 Radions for LPS. Currently planning on upgrading to a Gen 3 pro for a 90 gallon SPS tank. If anyone out there has had success with SPS growth with the Gen1s I'd be interested in hearing any feedback before I spend the buck to upgrade.
I'm growing SPS quite well with 1st gen Radions. I see no reason to upgrade.
 
Right now, only LED. But with the new tank i'm setting up, i'll be adding 4x24w T5 to my Razor 160w. Just need to get the housings painted and find the right bulb combo.
 
I'm full led reef breeders photon 48. Bought a 8 bulb t5 gonna strip the guts from it and have 4 bulbs added to my tank at some point when ever I figure a nice way of doing it. I've posted asking for help on this in 3 forums and not a drop of help. Oh well. I'll figure it out some how. Gonna go to a sheet metal shop and see if they will press me out a sheet the shape of a t5 light that is wide enough
 
Current small mixed reef with some sps is all led, and Chinese led at that. Everything is growing. New set up on a 120 is going to be led by kessil and a dual t5 if needed.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 12 36.4%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 6 18.2%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 3 9.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 2 6.1%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new