Torch and hammer touching

hogwild

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 21, 2024
Messages
19
Reaction score
7
Location
morgantown
What state or country do you live in
West Virginia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so I have this hammer I just recently purchased (literally just put it in my tank 10 minutes ago it’s still half way closed lol) and my torch that I’ve had for about 2 weeks. I’m wanting to place them relatively close but I see threads saying they really shouldn’t be close. How close is too close… my plan is to place them both up on the rocks above them. Is that a good idea or should I keep them yards away.

IMG_3700.jpeg
 
Torches will sting hammers and the stings are powerful enough to kill them. I would highly recommend placing them at least 6 inches apart from each other. Depending on how much the torn extends it may need to be further than that.
 
Keep them apart. The torch will do significant damage to the hammer if it can reach the hammer, and you’d be surprised how far they can reach if they’re determined. Don’t have to be yards apart, but far enough apart that the torch can’t reach the hammer. 6” apart is a good suggestion. Better to be safe than sorry.
 
Keep at least 6-8 inches between them. Torch corals have longer, aggressive tentacles that can sting nearby corals, including hammers. Watch for any signs of stress and adjust spacing if needed.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Free Phyto Promo
Spend $39+ → free 16oz Phyto · Use code FREEPHYTO at checkout · $16.99 value · Densest 6-species blend · Free shipping on every order · 100% live arrival guaranteed Spend $39+ → free 16oz Phyto · Use code FREEPHYTO at checkout · $16.99 value · Densest 6-species blend · Free shipping on every order · 100% live arrival guaranteed
Shop Now Code: FREEPHYTO
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new