Torch bailout???

  • Thread starter Thread starter Charlie G
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Charlie G

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 13, 2022
Messages
305
Reaction score
119
Location
NY
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

I have been keeping some sos and an Australian torch in a coral QT. The torch has been in since 4/18. A couple of days ago I saw it retracting and tonight the polyps are completely detached from the body.

Is this lost completely? Any reason why this happens. Anything to do at this point!?

426A62ED-D1CC-47F9-86AA-7FF3E4D60D76.jpeg 9DB0454A-65A0-468C-B68E-E0BBE05BA198.jpeg 7BF2671F-D42B-44FA-B21B-B7C0286FFAA3.jpeg F99A86CB-8244-46D9-B051-941383A2F6A1.jpeg
 
Where did the polyps go? Sometimes I have heard that if the polyp is intact it can regrow a skeleton. I've never seen this nor do I want to, much happier if the coral stays together and happy.
 
I agree the skeleton has no flesh it's done. If it had you may have been able to regenerate it.
Possible causes could be to much flow or chemistry of your water no to its liking.
 
Has to be parameters. I have a too many turbo snails that I received as an over shipment and I think that totally increase the bio load and parameters.

My nitrate at 15 and phos at 0.7

Don’t want to throw out the snails as they are living creatures but I have a bunch of coral in there for Qt. They seem fine. If I can hold out 2 days might be able to give to an Lfs.
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 12 34.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 17 48.6%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 8.6%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 11 31.4%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 11.4%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 16 45.7%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 9 25.7%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new