Torch bailout???

  • Thread starter Thread starter Charlie G
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Charlie G

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 13, 2022
Messages
305
Reaction score
119
Location
NY
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

I have been keeping some sos and an Australian torch in a coral QT. The torch has been in since 4/18. A couple of days ago I saw it retracting and tonight the polyps are completely detached from the body.

Is this lost completely? Any reason why this happens. Anything to do at this point!?
 

Attachments

  • 8D70103A-3C71-49BE-B151-2AD49674C80F.jpeg
    8D70103A-3C71-49BE-B151-2AD49674C80F.jpeg
    73.6 KB · Views: 58
  • 908B0B98-BF42-47B8-903F-3BD541647771.jpeg
    908B0B98-BF42-47B8-903F-3BD541647771.jpeg
    70 KB · Views: 60
That's not good. Polyop bail out. It's toast. What is the QT water parameters? Did you dip it?
 
That's not good. Polyop bail out. It's toast. What is the QT water parameters? Did you dip it?
I did. But I have a too many turbo snails that I received as an over shipment and I think that totally increase the bio load and parameters.

My nitrate at 15 and phos at 0.7

Don’t want to throw out the snails as they are living creatures but I have a bunch of coral in there for Qt. They seem fine. If I can hold out 2 days might be able to give to an Lfs.
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 5 35.7%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 6 42.9%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 21.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new