Torch compatibility with other Torches

strykerdog11

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 20, 2023
Messages
34
Reaction score
14
Location
ithaca
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, So I have a Torch Island in my tank and have for many months now. I have this Banana torch up top starting to touch the others as they all grow out.
(Banana torch, cotton candy, orange peel, unsure of bottom left name)

Questions-
It looks like the Banana torch is putting out sweeper tentacles, am I correct?

Is this normal or does this mean potential trouble and that I should move the Banana? (Unsure if they are from different regions of the ocean or not)

Does it look at all like coral warfare or just competition for space???



20260426_144822_5A58A3A6-DFF9-4E00-9240-0AF7B00DF7F0.png

20260426_144824_C89986BE-145D-4340-B965-490FC0AFA15F.png

20260426_144825_B80D888D-BFE4-4C67-937F-98FF0A743229.png

20260426_144827_1E825CEC-62FC-4923-9055-310F403569E6.png
 
Frogspawn/hammers/octospawn usually get along with each other. Torch to torch you have to watch them if they play together nicely.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 3.7%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 3 5.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 13 24.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 13 24.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 16.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 14.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 3 5.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new