Torch coral Emergency

starfishguy869

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 3, 2023
Messages
258
Reaction score
78
Location
Quebec
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_2226.jpeg
IMG_2225.jpeg
Hello, I woke up in the morning to find by torch all shriveled up and has small holes in it, I own a tuxedo urchin, 2 hermits, 3 nassarius, a cleaner shrimp, and a clown. Could it be BJD?
 
I don’t see bjd, this also appears to be a picture while lights are out. My torches do retract into their skeleton at night, not to say it’s normal (I definitely don’t think it is)
but im assuming it’s because of the pH drop. I would recommend waiting until lights turn on and send a picture then, if it’s not extending fully during lights on then there’s definitely an issue here
 
I don’t see bjd, this also appears to be a picture while lights are out. My torches do retract into their skeleton at night, not to say it’s normal (I definitely don’t think it is)
but im assuming it’s because of the pH drop. I would recommend waiting until lights turn on and send a picture then, if it’s not extending fully during lights on then there’s definitely an issue here
+1
Also, get that torch out of the sand. It will most likely be irritating it. At least mount it on a rock in the sand to raise it up some.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 1 33.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new