Torch Coral Help

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
i would just do the one,monitor others,should be fine as far as bjd,

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you. I will give it a try and maybe I can get lucky and save it. I believe it was Indo, it's gold with purple tips, it was about $275 or so if I recall. I am not entirely familiar with the BJD, I get what it stands for and Googled it, I guess my question is do I need to get all of my other Euphyllia out of this system? Is this like coral "ich" where it is going to spread through piece by piece? How did I get it?

Stress from something, usually water, light, contamination....etc can cause BJD. It's a infection.

Just like us, when our immune system's are compromised by things in our environment that stress us, we can get sick. Corals the same. Trying not to get to technical here.

If you haven't seen any BJD, then it is probably something else.

Adamantium

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you. I will give it a try and maybe I can get lucky and save it. I believe it was Indo, it's gold with purple tips, it was about $275 or so if I recall. I am not entirely familiar with the BJD, I get what it stands for and Googled it, I guess my question is do I need to get all of my other Euphyllia out of this system? Is this like coral "ich" where it is going to spread through piece by piece? How did I get it?
The tentacle shape makes me think Aussie. Many, many people have these die on them, myself included. No clear reason why.

That is assuming it’s an Aussie, which I really think it is. Hard to tell without an extended pic, though.

ADAM

@AK_Reefs on Instagram
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wondering about origin for the fact of the Aussie golds will just die for no apparent reason, and didn’t want you to get to point of searching for extreme causes of death if all the other corals seemed happy. The care process would be the same with either origin.

BJD= Brown Jelly Disease. The tissue of the coral turns to brown mucus like substance, fairly easy to spot when I try happens. While it can spread its not extremely aggressive like some other pathogens that can effect our systems.

Testing, and a routine of doing so, will help greatly. I would definitely say the next purchase for you tank be a good test for ALK, Ca, Mag, Phosphate and Nitrate. There’s many other elemental tests available but the main ones are key to have. I think an under recognized element when talking about euphyllia is magnesium.

**Quality tests and quality additives are key in this hobby.**

ADAM

@AK_Reefs on Instagram
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@SilentFate do you have the pic from where you bought it? Like to see a “before” pic for reference

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 29 36.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 10 12.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 25 31.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 14 17.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.5%
Back