Torch coral lost tips after turkey basting

Ocean’s Piece

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I decided to turkey baste my torch coral for the first time just now to try and see if there was any detritus and algae stuck on. Anyways, I squirted it too hard and quite a few tips blasted off. Is this normal or something I should be concerned about? Where the brown dots are on the torch is where a tip came off
image.jpg

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I know, lack of info on my end. But I did scalp half of my torch's head. It spewed out so much gunk, I was sure it was going to be dead. Next morning it looked like small amputated fingers. Took a week for the tips to show back up.

I should have taken pics. My failures.

Edit: the torch I babied, died... The one that got abused is still alive... Go figure?

OP
OP
Ocean’s Piece

Ocean’s Piece

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know, lack of info on my end. But I did scalp half of my torch's head. It spewed out so much gunk, I was sure it was going to be dead. Next morning it looked like small amputated fingers. Took a week for the tips to show back up.

I should have taken pics. My failures.

Edit: the torch I babied, died... The one that got abused is still alive... Go figure?
Yeah it looks fine right now. All extended now but like 10 don’t have tips. I’m assuming they’ll grow back sooner or later

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 31.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 24.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 16 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back