Torch Coral Question

merfury1989

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 31, 2022
Messages
186
Reaction score
24
Location
New Zealand
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Torch coral recently have developed these white gummy type strands over their body, which are same texture as their base.
Any idea what these are? And why they are there?

20230302_184850_resized.jpg 20230302_184906_resized.jpg
 
They look like sponges...brush them off with a tooth brush ;)
 
Are they bad? Should I remove them from the water and brush them off, or inside the tank is ok too?
 
They will stop the flesh from growing in that spot but they won't "kill or hurt" the torch.

I'd still take it put and brush it off to make sure it is just a sponge.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new