Torch Coral Showoff Thread

  • Thread starter Thread starter AwildcatsZ
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

AwildcatsZ

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 4, 2016
Messages
409
Reaction score
562
Location
Orange County
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My favorite coral would have to be the torch coral. It adds spectacular movement to any aquascape and comes in, what seems like, endless color combinations. Let's see pictures of the torches that you have acquired and show off in your tanks!

The picture below is of my beautiful torch coral, which is just starting to split into two heads!

8d79d93be3dd1d4080bf8c7e430aa936.jpg
 
A torch garden! One day I'll have a tank large enough to do something like that.
It's amazing to watch them in the current bunched up like this ,my torches are fat and healthy ,I need one more to complete my garden !
 
Are you after any one in particular? I love these red/orange ones I'm seeing. I've never seen one at a LFS or convention like that!
I'm searching for a holy grail torch coral to complete my garden I'm going to get one soon , yea I like that one too it almost looks like a rainbow torch coral ,I have one but it's a small one head frag, it's to the far left with the green tips in the picture
 
This is my beautiful Gold Torch. I have had it for the past few years. It has been growing and coloring nicely :)
torch.jpg
 
This is my beautiful Gold Torch. I have had it for the past few years. It has been growing and coloring nicely :)
torch.jpg
How big is it?
 
All great looking torches. I love the way they sway in the current.

What are the chances that I can add some to my euphyllia garden and not sting hammers, frogspawns or octospawns?
 
i think corals from the same family will not sting each other
 
Any reason why you think some torches's tentacles are curled at the end?
 
Nice pics by the way. How do you get the blue out of the pictures?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 10 26.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 11 28.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 6 15.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 7 18.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 2.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new