Torch coral spewing out white bugs!

Anyone have a contact for these guys they don't really have a follow up on what they did.
 
So done some research and not sure if same bugs as yours but apparently they will kill the coral
 
So done some research and not sure if same bugs as yours but apparently they will kill the coral
Yerp that's what I am seeing here. Funny this is the most infected yet it seems to be doing the best? But the only one that is spewing them out ?
 
@vetteguy53081 Hey mate you seen these before?
I dont know about the movement part but I do know they lay eggs and this one seems to be releasing them asexually as generally they reproduce together sexually and asexually releasing both the eggs and sperm at the same time. May be captive torch why its doing this asexually.
 
Update guys the torchs declined slowly overtime until they no longer came out. One died so I took the remaining and put them into a 90L tank and treated with interceptor. Used 1/2 tablet and left torchs in tank for 24 hours then moved back into display.

12 hours later full extention like it never happened!

Will update in the coming months. Don't know if they survive in the display without a host time will tell.

PXL_20230401_062313852.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 1 2.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 15 29.4%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 35.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 5 9.8%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.9%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 9.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new